- My family have been residents of Nelson County since the 1700’s
- Born in Arrington on the family farm where I continue to live with my wife, Carole. This is where we raised our two daughters Lori and Cindy.
- Graduated from Nelson County High School
- Served in the U. S. Marine Corps including a tour of duty in Vietnam from 1966 to 1968
- Devoted and faithful member of Nelson United Methodist Church for the last 50 years
- Served as Church Council Chairman for the last 35 years
- Served as Chairman of the Church Building Committee and Project Manager of the million dollar Church addition
- Served as a Representative on the Charlottesville District Disaster Relief Board
- Past Chairman of the Lovingston Volunteer Fire Department
- Past Director of the Virginia Farm Bureau
- Past member of the Lions Club serving as its President and also as the District Chairman. During twelve years of service, I never missed a meeting.
- Nelson County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Authorized and Paid for by
Saunders for Supervisor
P. O. Box 394, Lovingston, VA 22949